Surcharge Recalculation Available in eSERS
The FY2020 Surcharge recalculation is now available in eSERS.
You will find the updated Surcharge Report in the Surcharge application on eSERS. If your district has an amount owed to SERS, you will find that amount in the Payment Remittance application.
Surcharge Greater than Original Invoice
If the Surcharge recalculation amount is greater than the original amount invoiced in August 2020:
- Districts that pay their Surcharge directly to SERS will have until June 30, 2021, to pay the balance. The amount will be reflected in the Payment Remittance application in the Unpaid Liabilities panel.
- The amount owed is the amount listed in the Remaining Balance column, not the Liability Amount column.
- A Payment Remittance must be completed via eSERS when remitting this payment.
- For districts that use the Foundation Program to cover their Surcharge liabilities, the remaining balance will be settled with the Foundation process.
- If you are unsure whether your district pays the Surcharge through the Foundation Program, refer to your Foundation Deduction Letter, which is found in the Foundation Deduction Letter application on eSERS.
Surcharge Lower than Original Invoice
If the Surcharge recalculation amount is lower than the original amount invoiced in August 2020:
- You will receive a refund within the next 30 days.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-213-0861.