Upcoming Election: Employee-Member and Retiree-Member Seats Open
Two employee-member seats and one retiree-member seat are up for election with the terms beginning July 1, 2019, and ending June 30, 2023.
Any member of SERS, other than a disability benefit recipient, is eligible to run for an employee-member seat, and any SERS disability or service retiree is eligible to run for a retiree-member seat. To be considered for election, the following requirements must be met:
- Employee-Member seat:
- Obtain signatures of 500 SERS members on a nominating petition provided by SERS with not less than 20 signatures of members from each of at least 10 counties where those members are employed
- Make sure that each signing member indicates his or her employer, county of employment, and last four digits of his or her Social Security number
- Retiree-Member seat:
- Obtain signatures of 150 SERS retirees on a nominating petition provided by SERS with not less than 10 signatures of retirees from each of at least five counties where those retirees reside
- Make sure that each signing retiree indicates his or her county of residence and last four digits of his or her Social Security number
- All seats:
- Begin gathering signatures on or after September 7, 2018
- Deliver petitions with original signatures and a completed original Certification Form to the SERS office no later than 4:30 p.m., EDT, December 7, 2018
Visit our Board Election page for an election timeline and a description of the Board’s responsibilities. Those interested in running for an open seat should contact Tim Barbour by phone at 614-222-5901 or by email at email@example.com to have an election packet sent to them.