Open Enrollment for 2022: October 1 to November 15
Open enrollment is your opportunity to review and make changes to your SERS health care coverage for the following year. It is the only time you can change your coverage, and enroll in or cancel dental and/or vision coverage.
For benefit recipients currently enrolled in a SERS health care plan, you will receive an Open Enrollment packet in the mail in September. Details of upcoming changes to the SERS Health Care program will be included in the Open Enrollment Guide. Our Health Care Services team will also host three live webinars to discuss these changes in October and November. Sign-up information is available below.
Unable to attend the live webinars? You can also watch a recording of the presentation below.
Please call Health Care Services toll-free at 800-878-5853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Changes in 2022
- New ID cards are being issued for all medical plans. Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO) enrollees will receive new ID cards with a new ID number by December 31. Please show these cards to your providers.
- Aetna POS II and Traditional Choice enrollees who have registered email addresses with Aetna will receive their ID card by email in late January.
- Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO) premiums will remain the same.
- Aetna Choice POS II premiums will be increasing by 6.4%, while AultCare PPO premiums will decrease by 1%.
- An Express Scripts Broad Performance Medicare Network will be effective January 1, 2022. If your pharmacy is affected, you will be notified. Most people will see no change. A few prescription drugs may change to non-preferred, but you will be contacted in advance by Express Scripts.
- Delta Dental premiums will decrease slightly for 2022. Plan benefits will remain the same.
- VSP vision premiums will decrease slightly for 2022. Plan benefits will include an increased allowance of $200 for a wide selection of frames.
Learn more about these and other changes: in your 2022 Open Enrollment Guide.
Open Enrollment Webinars
For this year’s Open Enrollment, we will host three online meetings to review all the changes to SERS’ health care program in 2022.
Register now to secure your spot for one of the upcoming meetings: