Open Enrollment: October 1 through November 15, 2022
Open enrollment is your opportunity to review and make changes to your SERS health care coverage for the following year. During this time, you can enroll in or cancel dental and/or vision coverage. Non-Medicare enrollees also can change their health plan.
In September, benefit recipients currently enrolled in a SERS health care plan received an Open Enrollment packet in the mail. Details of upcoming changes to the SERS Health Care program are included in the Open Enrollment Guide, as well as in a recorded webinar.
Please email Health Care Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-878-5853 with any questions.
Changes in 2023
- With the exception of AultCare PPO, all other medical plan premiums remain the same. The AultCare premiums are increasing by 1%.
- Some co-pays for the Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO) are decreasing. The Primary Care Office Visit co-pay changes from $20 to $10; Outpatient Rehab Therapies from $20 to $15; and Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Services from $20 to $15.
- New ID cards will only be issued for Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO) enrollees. The Primary Care Provider co-pay listed on the front of the ID card is changing to $10. Aetna will mail new ID cards in December.
- For the Aetna Medicare and non-Medicare drug plans, the formulary will change to expand the list of covered medications. If you take a prescription drug that is changing to ‘non-preferred,’ Express Scripts and Know Your Rx will contact you in advance.
- Qualifying incomes for the SERS Premium Discount Program for Medicare enrollees are increasing for 2023.
- Dental and vision premiums and benefits remain the same.
Learn more about these and other changes: in your 2023 Open Enrollment Guide.
2023 Open Enrollment Webinar Recording
Health Care Services staff details upcoming changes to SERS’ health care program in 2023.